Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Bayliner Owners Club forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot! Take a moment to tell the BOC members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

• Page:

TOPIC: Hello

Hello 13 Aug 2017 17:19 #1

• VHaas
  • VHaas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Everyone We are excited to become a member my husband and I just celebrated our 38th wedding annivsary ,and instead of a trip we purchased a used 1990 B 2651 ciera bayliner we both like to fish and always wanted to be on a boat we also figured it would give us many experances instead of a one time trip so we decided to buy I boat and join a club of people that enjoy the same thing , and to learn and share so here we are !!!!!
and wanted to know how to get a owners Manual we have never even driven one before nor not really knowing to much about the boat the gentlemen we purchased it from thought it was in the stack of other manuals but is was not there .does anyone have this information
Thank you for your time
Vern And Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello 13 Aug 2017 19:05 #2

• Pcpete
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 272
First, Welcome! Here's a link to your manual. bayliner.com/owners-manual/
Please add some information to your profile and signature about where you live and usually use your boat. We don't need addresses, you will see that many of us are pretty general.

P/C Pete
Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
1988 3818 "GLAUBEN"
1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
MMSI 367770440
1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Hello 14 Aug 2017 07:13 #3

• Chief Alen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Manalapan N.J
  • Thank you received: 1056
Welcome Aboard !

First boat ?

Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Hello 14 Aug 2017 14:23 #4

• rbrauerei
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Chesapeake Bay, MD
  • Thank you received: 58
Welcome! We came to boating later in life for some of the same reasons you state. This is our second season and you will learn faster if you actually take your time and not hurry if that makes sense. We have been kayakers for several years and had rented power boats many times in the past, so we were familiar with the water and boats before getting our own. Nonetheless, there is a lot to learn/remember. Your stress level will go down and your enjoyment will go up if you take your time. So, I recommend you take a boating safety course; available both in classroom and online settings. Also, if you've never driven a boat, I recommend finding someone willing (or you can even hire a captain) to go out with you at least once to familiarize yourself with the boat. As I noted, even though I was familiar with boats, this is one of the best things we did early on, especially for my wife who actually hadn't driven a boat before.

Good luck and enjoy!

Rick

"Our Dream" -- 2015 21' Bayliner 642 Overnighter, 4.3L MPI Mercruiser

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page:
Moderators: whiskywizardDownload_Complete
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds