Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kicker mounting bracket

Kicker mounting bracket 20 Mar 2013 17:39 #1

• Parkc
Hi I have recently purchased a new 9.9 long shaft mercruiser Kicker for my 2855 ciera. I've not had the boat long and wrongly assumed that the factory fitted backet (mounted to the left of the transom locker) would work just fine.

LOL's....not after several hours trying to work out why the end of kicker would not clear the transom swimming platform I realised I need to have a right angle kicker braket mounted on the edge of the swimming platform which I have now seen on other bayliner 2655 / 2855 boats.

My question is what is the point of the kicker bracket mounted to the left of the Transom locker when clearly it will not extend far enough to clear the transom swimming platform?

I'm sure there must be something fundamental that I'm missing here and would apprieicate any answers that you can provide.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kicker mounting bracket 21 Mar 2013 16:55 #2

Without seeing what you are talking about it sounds like the bracket is intended to mount a motor for storage during transport.

Kicker mounting bracket 21 Mar 2013 17:06 #3

• jhenkel
BaconFat;764463 wrote:
Without seeing what you are talking about it sounds like the bracket is intended to mount a motor for storage during transport.

Bingo! I would bet on that as well. Probably aren't too many people using trolling motors on 2855's, but storing a small outboard during a trip to be used on a dinghy while in port makes a lot of sense.
Doll Finn again
2011 Slate Blue 185br
2008 Yamaha VX Cruiser

Kicker mounting bracket 22 Mar 2013 16:49 #4

• Parkc
Yes....your right, the bracket is as you say just for storing the kicker motor during transport. I'm now having a mounting bracket fitted to the edge of the swimming platform.

Kicker mounting bracket 22 Mar 2013 19:25 #5

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 112
I have both on my 2452... one for the boat and one for storing the dink motor/engine...

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kicker mounting bracket 10 Feb 2014 11:55 #6

• Rosdeb
  • South East Queensland, Australia
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi, I am considering having a mounting bracket fitted to the edge of the swim platform on my 2655 for my auxiliary (kicker) motor. I have searched through most of the threads here but can't find anything. Does anyone have any details of the design of such a bracket, whether custom made or off the shelf. My auxiliary is a bit large (25 hp Yamaha I use on my tinnie) so I imagine I would need to strengthen the swim platform or add extra supports under it as well. Cheers.
Ross & Deb Pedley
Toorbul, Queensland, Australia
1989 Bayliner 2655 Sunbridge
Upgraded to 2007 6.2L MPI Mercruiser with BravoII

Kicker mounting bracket 10 Feb 2014 16:28 #7

• Daveyd2858
  • Bayliner 2858
  • Thank you received: 3
Here is an image of a custom bracket on a 2855 which held a 25 HP kicker.
Attachments:
Dave Davenport
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosdeb
Moderators: Chief Alen
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds