Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2452 Owners

2452 Owners 15 Apr 2010 21:47 #26

• ACE BOATER 2452
  • Thank you received: 1
Haha thanks Doug we work hard on that boat I clean it everyday!! and im not going to lie to you but those pics are when i first bought it 2 summers ago haha but we cleaned it and polished it while it was in the drive way. Hopefully it will be out of storage anytime now! I cant wait to get cleaning and waxing it!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1992 Bayliner 2452
No Shoes Required
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 15 Apr 2010 23:20 #27

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 533

GrindKore;444017 wrote:
Thank you for the recommendation. If you don't mind sharing where do you store the anchor and line? It appears our model 242 does not have an anchor storage box like the 245 does. Do you just secure the anchor on the roller?

You have a Hawse pipe for your anchor rode. You have access to that from the forward end of your bunk. Just pull the bottom of the door and you will have inside access to the chain locker. I have installed an anchor winch (Lewmar V700) and that is how I store my chain and rope rode. The anchor sits on a roller off the bow and is just long enough not to knock into the bow when the anchor comes up or goes down... The anchor is secured with the pin you should be able to see in the photo...

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 27 Apr 2010 23:25 #28

• TAGMan
  • Thank you received: 0
Doug; Thanks again. I am about to do a radar install and I wanted to know if you or any other 242/2452 skippers did ther own install. If so, what method did you use to seal the cable through the roof. Any suggestions on mounting location for the display? I have the Faruno 1623.

2452 Owners 28 Apr 2010 00:19 #29

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
You should have a screw down plastic nut with a rubber gasket to seal out any water around the radar cable coming through the top. The cable runs to the stbd side and down the end of the stbd window cap. Make sure you leave the radar dome rubber tube open to the environment to allow moisture to drop out the dome. You may need to trim it so it does not seal itself on the top. It should be located on the bottom and rear of the dome.

I have two displays for my Raytheon radar. One is actually a GPS that acts as a repeater for the radar in the below photo. The radar display is on the left. My radar does not overlay on the GPS but I can split screen or just keep radar up. I use that display because it is color and the actual radar display is not. Not sure on your Furuno. If it is separate like mine, you may want to offset it and place the GPS display on the right side as I did. If it is a multi-display, I'd place it dead center of the helm...
Hope that helps...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Reel1N

Doug ;}
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 30 Apr 2010 04:17 #30

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
Getting an estimate on a camper back for our 2452.

Looking at normal sunbrella (black) and strataglass. I like Sunbrella Supreme but afraid the mold will kill the top in a couple of years up here in the great NW...

I think we are going to run 1" stainless along underside of helm roof to stern with two stainless stanchions on the stern.

Any 2452's with photos of their camper backs out there?

Any thoughts as to what to ask for or avoid with the camper back?

Depending on estimate, we may elect to go with the camper top this year and next year the drop curtains...

Doug ;}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 04 May 2010 12:52 #31

• bpartner
Hi, does anyone know where I can get a Bayliner Ciera Express 2452 owners manual? I check Bayliner's website without luck. Thanks in advance

2452 Owners 04 May 2010 15:20 #32

• ILGVARS
  • Riga ; Latvia
  • Thank you received: 16
Hello PARTNER ,you can get it there http://www.baylinercustomercare.com/

ILGVARS
" DREAM CHASER "
1999 BAYLINER CIERA 2452
Hyundai SeasAll S 270 S diesel
BRAVO II X SSP
2016 VOLVO XC 90
www.hct.lv

2452 Owners 18 Jun 2010 05:33 #33

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
Well, the canvas guy finally came to start the stainless part of the camper back. Zippers will be where the vertical tape is on the stbd side. A zipper will also be at the dink lifting davits and at the corners. We also will be able to keep the original drop curtain and remove all the vertical panels... She will be done when we return from Hawaii just prior to going north to the San Juans for a couple of weeks...

Next I added another strut under the swim step to support the kicker and cooler. It never flexed but I feel better about having the extra support.

Next I had to replace the trailer jack as the old one was dieing... Had to drill through the tongue however since I could not use the supplied u bolts. Old one is on the left...

Doug ;}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 04 Jul 2010 18:48 #34

• ACE BOATER 2452
Hi guys im having a big problem with my 1992 2452. I have had the boat for 2 years now and its been almost great but yesterday it had a big problem which is every time I would pass 2500 rpm the engine would cut out.I have ruled out bad gas because i have been putting in shell gas for the past year only also I just put in new fuel and oil filters. so I am really hoping that one of you guys might know the problem or at least have an idea. I dont want to have the marina look at it because last time I did that I got a bill for 2k when they changed a few filters and did the oil change. so i really dont want to waste money im hoping tis something that might be a simple fix?

1992 Bayliner 2452
No Shoes Required
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 16 Jul 2010 23:49 #35

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA

ACE BOATER 2452;474053 wrote: Hi guys im having a big problem with my 1992 2452. I have had the boat for 2 years now and its been almost great but yesterday it had a big problem which is every time I would pass 2500 rpm the engine would cut out.I have ruled out bad gas because i have been putting in shell gas for the past year only also I just put in new fuel and oil filters. so I am really hoping that one of you guys might know the problem or at least have an idea. I dont want to have the marina look at it because last time I did that I got a bill for 2k when they changed a few filters and did the oil change. so i really dont want to waste money im hoping tis something that might be a simple fix?

Couple of things to check...
1. distributor cap, open, inspect, clean. Could be a faulty condenser or dirty contacts
2. Check spark plugs. Could be a bad spark plug wire or spark plug. Check inside of each plug wire for corrosion.
3. Use AC Delco plugs and you won't go wrong. Use Champions and you are on your own.
4. Fuel water filter is starving the amount of gas going into the motor? Check it to see if any water is in there.
5. oil level good?

Need more symptoms to help you diagnose. Does it do it only when warm or all the time, etc...

Doug ;}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 17 Jul 2010 01:09 #36

• captharv
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
My bet goes with a ignition coil. Do not attemp to use an auto coil, even the NASCAR grad one. won't work. MUST us thenmerc speced coil. none other will work.

Captharv 2001 2452
"When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

2452 Owners 25 Jul 2010 23:04 #37

• ACE BOATER 2452
Thanks guys. and Doug it runs perfect at idle and very very slow revving to warm it up it work fine warm 2. but when you try to accelerate it just dies. im going to get the spark plugs chanded i was looking at it today to see if i could do it but i cant its way to hard so the marina is going to have to do it for me :/ with there 120$ an hour work fee yay. so if you can think of anything else with the symptons i gave you let me know. Thanks :)

1992 Bayliner 2452
No Shoes Required
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 04 Aug 2010 04:37 #38

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA

ACE BOATER 2452;482676 wrote: Thanks guys. and Doug it runs perfect at idle and very very slow revving to warm it up it work fine warm 2. but when you try to accelerate it just dies. im going to get the spark plugs chanded i was looking at it today to see if i could do it but i cant its way to hard so the marina is going to have to do it for me :/ with there 120$ an hour work fee yay. so if you can think of anything else with the symptons i gave you let me know. Thanks :)

Any update???

BTW, did a quickie addition to the power...

I added an additional 110v outlet above the stove which is more acceisble than the one facing forward behind the HD TV monitor... It feeds off that forward facing GFI plug. I don't expect to have multiple loads on at the same time. Just more convenient to have easy access to a plug sometimes rather than fish around behind the TV. I may also run one to the stbd side of the boat below the table.

Doug ;}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 04 Aug 2010 20:28 #39

• bshattuck87
I LOVE these 2452 boats! I swear, my next boat will be one!

Brenton

1988 Bayliner Capri 1950 with Cuddy 3.0 MerCruiser

2452 Owners 05 Aug 2010 00:23 #40

• PEPPER420
The garage isnt gonna happen:hammer

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/486584=11751-Womans Key 046.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: craigs1218

2452 Owners 22 Aug 2010 00:32 #41

• GrindKore
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Hey Doug,

Can you please post pictures of your air conditioner installation. I'm thinking on installing one, and are curious as to where the best location for it and all the ducts.

2005 Ciera 242EC
MerCruiser 5.0 w/Alpha I Gen 2
Running Solas aluminum 4 blade 14.75x15 prop

2452 Owners 22 Aug 2010 01:48 #42

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA

GrindKore;492844 wrote: Hey Doug,

Can you please post pictures of your air conditioner installation. I'm thinking on installing one, and are curious as to where the best location for it and all the ducts.

I'm assuming you mean a different Doug? I don't have AC...

Doug ;}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 22 Aug 2010 01:51 #43

• GrindKore
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 8

Go Aweigh2452;492856 wrote: I'm assuming you mean a different Doug? I don't have AC...

My bad. On your project gallery you have several pictures of vents, I assumed that was AC unit.

2005 Ciera 242EC
MerCruiser 5.0 w/Alpha I Gen 2
Running Solas aluminum 4 blade 14.75x15 prop

2452 Owners 22 Aug 2010 02:00 #44

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA

GrindKore;492857 wrote: My bad. On your project gallery you have several pictures of vents, I assumed that was AC unit.

Ney, in our part of the country we need heat. So I installed heat vents in the cockpit. When momma is warm, so am I.

Doug ;}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 29 Aug 2010 14:35 #45

• ILGVARS
  • Riga ; Latvia
This foto i found in WEB. Look like there is door on the vertikal wall by the first step .Do you know about possibility make storage there ?

ILGVARS
" DREAM CHASER "
1999 BAYLINER CIERA 2452
BRAVO II X SSP
2016 VOLVO XC 90
www.hct.lv

2452 Owners 29 Aug 2010 15:28 #46

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
That would make access to the under seat storage easier to reach for items close to that door. We keep our trip clothes in that area. unfortunately I have my red dot heater hose on that wall and would have limited access to the storage area. have you removed and hinged the upper step for trash?

Doug ;}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 30 Aug 2010 06:12 #47

• ILGVARS
  • Riga ; Latvia
I mean doors what is covered by carpet , not under the seat but on front of you .. It is very dificult to see .Vertical wall.Look like there is hinges ???

ILGVARS
" DREAM CHASER "
1999 BAYLINER CIERA 2452
BRAVO II X SSP
2016 VOLVO XC 90
www.hct.lv

2452 Owners 30 Aug 2010 13:58 #48

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
The first step is either hinged by the previous owner or is removable like I have on mine. You can use that space for storage and access to the bulkhead wall to install electrical systems, buses, etc. The top step on my boat I modified to make it a trash storage area. There are currently 4 screws that keep the carpeted plate installed vertically (the below photo shows that removed). I hinged the top step to use that area for trash.

The lower step on mine I secure with a knob over a bolt and can easily remove the bottom step. I keep my toilet cleaners in that space. (the red arm handle is used to change my flushing water from fresh to salt (or lake) whatever is drawn in from a thru hull I have under that step. Up in the Canadian Gulf Islands, fresh water is sometimes hard to find so I use salt water drawn through the thru hull to flush with...

Check out the mods to my 2001 2452 in my signature... I've done a few... :cool:

Doug ;}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 31 Aug 2010 06:35 #49

• ILGVARS
  • Riga ; Latvia
Thank DOUG , i mean place with red marked

ILGVARS
" DREAM CHASER "
1999 BAYLINER CIERA 2452
BRAVO II X SSP
2016 VOLVO XC 90
www.hct.lv

2452 Owners 31 Aug 2010 15:05 #50

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
Sorry, I was thinking of the newer 2452. It did not dawn on me that you were talking about the older models (I had a 96). The PO probably cut his own access to the under step. Very easy to do and worth while. You can add shelving in there for additional storage...

Doug ;}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Moderators: Jim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.510 seconds