• Page:

TOPIC: 2455 Ciera - Camper Top / Enclosure for rain

2455 Ciera - Camper Top / Enclosure for rain 10 Oct 2017 21:26 #1

• Gerd1ff
  • Gerd1ff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Yay! Bayliner :)
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

I have been searching for a camper top / enclosure for rain on my Ciera 2455 (year 2000).
What I have from the previous owner is a bimini top and 4 independent clear plastic pieces, however they do not seem to fit together or at least leave one side of the boat exposed.
We tried to figure them out a week ago while being on the water down in Charleston SC (in the rain lol).
Any help or advise is appreciated - maybe we were just putting them together in the wrong order? Pictures can be provided if needed.

Thank you. G.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2455 Ciera - Camper Top / Enclosure for rain 10 Oct 2017 21:48 #2

• rossi45
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 51
The enclosure on my 2001 2455 fits quick snugly. The previous owner did not use them very often so I believe they probably shrunk a little. When I initially fitted them on, it was a struggle and now I just leave them on all the time. I have removed them a couple times and I believe they stretched out a little because they are easier to install now. Couple things I've noticed that may help you:

• Make sure the Bimini top is evenly dispersed on the frame so that one side isn't pulled more left or right than the other
  • For the side curtains, I usually get each zipper started (zipped in maybe an inch) and then put the snaps on. When the snap are in place, you can zip the rest of each zipper. This is generally easier
  • For the front clear curtain, again start the zippers at the top and then put the snaps/twist fasteners into place. Do not attach the fasteners that are applied along the middle flip open window yet. Finish zipping the zippers. Next, use the Swedish method for attaching the flip up window fasteners (named after my Swedish friend who taught me this trick). Push open the flip open window a couple inches and faster the fasteners/snaps. They go on really slick like that. You can then close the window and lock it.
  • Finally, as stated, keep your canvas set up on the boat for a while so it stretches out a little. keep stored in a cool, dry place when not in use.

Also, invest in a canvas top snapper tool. Use this to assist in pulling snaps ends together:

www.westmarine.com/buy/ironwood-pacific-...snapper-tool--255648

2001 Bayliner Ciera 2455 5.7 Merc MPI, Bravo 3
2009 Subaru WRX STI
2017 stick with a nail on the end of it

Victoria, BC
Last Edit: by rossi45.

2455 Ciera - Camper Top / Enclosure for rain 11 Oct 2017 02:39 #3

• Gerd1ff
  • Gerd1ff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Yay! Bayliner :)
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks. But I think I'm missing a side. Or does yours cover everything around you? Does yours go over the Bimini or is the Bimini the roof? How many pieces are there total on yours? I've counted 4 plastic sections here...

2455 Ciera - Camper Top / Enclosure for rain 11 Oct 2017 14:47 #4

• flyman219
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 45
For some visual reference you can search Bayliner 245 or 2455 images on the internet, you should see how the top(s) is mounted and how much is enclosed. There is a half top forward with three curtains to cover the front half of the cockpit. There is also a extension of the top with three (or four if you have a split rear curtain) more curtains to enclose the rear half of the cockpit.

Mike

2004 Bayliner 285 350 MPI Bravo III
2007 Bayliner 192 Discovery 3.0 135HP (sold)
2000 Ciera 2455 sold
Redmond, Washington
The one on the Left (Wet) Coast

2455 Ciera - Camper Top / Enclosure for rain 13 Oct 2017 18:58 #5

• rossi45
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 51
Mine only covers the front and the sides of the forward half of my cockpit. I have a second top that covers the read half, but I do not have side or back curtains for that area. It all depends on what either came with your boat or what the PO had bought and installed.

If you want to post up a couple pictures of what you have, it might be easier to see what you're up against.

2001 Bayliner Ciera 2455 5.7 Merc MPI, Bravo 3
2009 Subaru WRX STI
2017 stick with a nail on the end of it

Victoria, BC
  • Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds