Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Doulton water filter system

Doulton water filter system 10 Oct 2017 15:16 #1

• downriver4
  • downriver4's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 9
Anyone have any experience with the doulton water filter system. Recently installed a washdown system. Thinking it would be nice to fill onboard fresh water tank from the lake. With proper filtering. I don't drink water but use for cooking, dishes, bathing ect.tired of hauling 20 some gallon jugs in my truck and filling tank every time. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jim, Central pa, '98 2452

Doulton water filter system 10 Oct 2017 17:11 #2

• CptCrunchie
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 147

downriver4 wrote: Anyone have any experience with the doulton water filter system. Recently installed a washdown system. Thinking it would be nice to fill onboard fresh water tank from the lake. With proper filtering. I don't drink water but use for cooking, dishes, bathing ect.tired of hauling 20 some gallon jugs in my truck and filling tank every time. Thanks

I'm not familiar with Doulton, but if you won't be drinking it, you really only need to screen it. I would, however, add a little bleach to the tank every now and then, and flush it a couple times a year to keep the algae and microbes at bay.

"B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
MMSI: 367637220
HAM: KE7TTR
TDI tech diver
BoD, North Olympic Peninsula Puget Sound Anglers, Sequim, WA
Kevin

Doulton water filter system 10 Oct 2017 21:10 #3

• downriver4
  • downriver4's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 9
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to avoid. An algae tank! I do bleach at beginning of season now. I filled a jug the other day and it looks clear but I'm sure is got some nasties in there. Maybe I'm over thinking this.

Jim, Central pa, '98 2452

Doulton water filter system 11 Oct 2017 01:37 #4

• CptCrunchie
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 147

downriver4 wrote: Yeah, that's what I'm trying to avoid. An algae tank! I do bleach at beginning of season now. I filled a jug the other day and it looks clear but I'm sure is got some nasties in there. Maybe I'm over thinking this.

The algae won't kill you. We used to drink out of the rain barrel and it had algae.

I have no problem drinking lake water with a little bleach in it. I used to put 1/4C in the 300 gallon water tank on the motorsailer and the tanks stayed clean. But if you are concerned about drinking bleach, a charcoal filter will remove it.

"B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
MMSI: 367637220
HAM: KE7TTR
TDI tech diver
BoD, North Olympic Peninsula Puget Sound Anglers, Sequim, WA
Kevin
  • Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds