Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: need a Element seat cushion

need a Element seat cushion Apr 20, 2017 11:51 PM #1

• downsouth
I just bought a 2014 Element 160EL and on the first trip I lost the rear seat cushion that goes over the battery. I contacted the closest dealer and he says a new one is $650, Ouch! Does this sound right?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

need a Element seat cushion Apr 21, 2017 12:46 AM #2

• Waterdowg
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 52
I would go to your local upholstery shop that works on boats and see if they can make one to match. I'm sure it would be much cheaper.
2016 Bayliner 215 Deck Boat
Mercruiser 4.3 220 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

2003 SeaRay 176 SRX Bowrider
Mercruiser 3.0 135 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

1988 Sunbird 170 Bowrider
Evinrude 88 Special

1970 Salem Skiff 13.5 foot
1992 Johnson 40HP.

need a Element seat cushion Apr 21, 2017 01:09 AM #3

• oakplank
  • Elite Member
  • 2014 Element owner
  • Thank you received: 82
downsouth wrote:
I just bought a 2014 Element 160EL and on the first trip I lost the rear seat cushion that goes over the battery. I contacted the closest dealer and he says a new one is $650, Ouch! Does this sound right?

Contact Bayliner directly. There is a Service Bulletin #17.01 that refers to a "fix" for the back cushions flying off while in transit. They will modify the original cushions to prevent this from happening. They replaced (through my dealer) my cushion free of charge when I lost it, bringing my Element home for the first time.
Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
12 foot aluminum fishing boat with 5 HP Mercury OB

need a Element seat cushion Apr 23, 2017 04:25 AM #4

• CableBro
oakplank wrote:
downsouth wrote:

Contact Bayliner directly. There is a Service Bulletin #17.01 that refers to a "fix" for the back cushions flying off while in transit. They will modify the original cushions to prevent this from happening. They replaced (through my dealer) my cushion free of charge when I lost it, bringing my Element home for the first time.

I been trying to get my cushion replaced also. Specifically the Helm wedge cushion but my dealer sucks really bad. No replies to emails or phone and they are 20 miles from me.
I tried the contact option on the bayliner site with no replies. How did you contact them directly?

need a Element seat cushion Apr 23, 2017 01:55 PM #5

• Waterdowg
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 52
CableBro wrote:
oakplank wrote:
downsouth wrote:

I been trying to get my cushion replaced also. Specifically the Helm wedge cushion but my dealer sucks really bad. No replies to emails or phone and they are 20 miles from me.
I tried the contact option on the bayliner site with no replies. How did you contact them directly?

You can call them. There number is on this page
www.baylinercustomercare.com/feedback.htm
2016 Bayliner 215 Deck Boat
Mercruiser 4.3 220 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

2003 SeaRay 176 SRX Bowrider
Mercruiser 3.0 135 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

1988 Sunbird 170 Bowrider
Evinrude 88 Special

1970 Salem Skiff 13.5 foot
1992 Johnson 40HP.

need a Element seat cushion Apr 23, 2017 04:04 PM #6

• oakplank
  • Elite Member
  • 2014 Element owner
After bringing the Element home for the first time and noticing I had lost the cushion, I immensely contacted my dealer. HE contacted Bayliner and made the free replacement happened.
It was only last month that Bayliner contacted ME by mail. They volunteered the fact that there was a fix to prevent future cushions lost. Their notification asked that I contact my Bayliner dealer to arrange the free fix. Kudos to Bayliner for their excellent customer service with reference to this issue. So, do contact Bayliner and reference the Service Bulletin #17.01.

need a Element seat cushion Apr 23, 2017 04:32 PM #7

• CableBro
oakplank wrote:
After bringing the Element home for the first time and noticing I had lost the cushion, I immensely contacted my dealer. HE contacted Bayliner and made the free replacement happened.
It was only last month that Bayliner contacted ME by mail. They volunteered the fact that there was a fix to prevent future cushions lost. Their notification asked that I contact my Bayliner dealer to arrange the free fix. Kudos to Bayliner for their excellent customer service with reference to this issue. So, do contact Bayliner and reference the Service Bulletin #17.01.

I wonder if I can get the helm wedge cushion replaced under this service bulletin also or is it specific to only the rear cushions?

need a Element seat cushion Apr 23, 2017 08:55 PM #8

• oakplank
  • Elite Member
  • 2014 Element owner
CableBro wrote:
oakplank wrote:

I wonder if I can get the helm wedge cushion replaced under this service bulletin also or is it specific to only the rear cushions?

The "Notification" sent to me by Bayliner only refers to the aft cushions. However, nothing lost by contacting Bayliner and asking.

need a Element seat cushion Apr 26, 2017 12:19 AM #9

• downsouth
I talked to Bayliner and they told me to contact the dealer about the service bulletin and give them my hull id number. Now I'm waiting for the dealer to call me back after they talk with bayliner about the fix. He said they may or may not pay to replace the cushion.

need a Element seat cushion Apr 26, 2017 09:51 PM #10

• downsouth
I got an email from Bayliner saying they will replace the cushion and fix the other seats under the service bulletin!

need a Element seat cushion Apr 26, 2017 10:46 PM #11

• oakplank
  • Elite Member
  • 2014 Element owner
downsouth wrote:
I got an email from Bayliner saying they will replace the cushion and fix the other seats under the service bulletin!

Congrats, Bayliner can and will show good customer service. The only problem is, you have to seek it out. Glad to hear things are working out for you. Maybe they will now caulk the suspect fasteners that are causing water to enter the sponsons.

Enjoy your Element. It's a great boat.
Moderators: Jeffw, Alaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds