Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Equalizer Sway Control Hitch - 10,000 lb max trailer weight - $600

Equalizer Sway Control Hitch - 10,000 lb max trailer weight - $600 19 Apr 2017 19:54 #1

• Dadrock33
  • Dadrock33's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SE of York, PA
  • Thank you received: 68
Now that the 2452 is gone and the new-to-us boat won't be trailerable (at least not by my F-150! :woohoo: ), I've decided to part with all the goodies that I had for her . . . . already put the Amita 4 blade aluminum prop on here . . . . now for the trailer hitch: $600

It's made by Equalizer, part #90-00-1000, which translates to 1,000 lb tongue weight max and 10,000 lb max loaded trailer weight. This hitch was made for boat pole trailers (as in a long pole before the trailer flares out - not a "V-nose" trailer). I used it three times - down and back to Ft. Myers, FL (about 2400 miles total) and the last trip to NJ (135 mi). The pole trailer adapter is an "add-on" to be used with trailers that aren't the V-nose style; as in most boat trailers.
IT IS MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR SURGE BRAKE ACTIVATED TRAILERS and I can attest that it works wonderfully. Also included is the 2 5/16 ball, the sway bracket jackets (no squeeking), all the parts for a "V-nose" trailer setup (looks like a normal RV travel trailer) and, of course, the manuals and parts listings but I will not separate the pieces - the total package or nothing. It is very easy to set up and use.
If you're close, we can discuss meeting and exchanging, if you're not too far away; else, you pay shipping and yes, it's heavy. . . . most good quality stuff is heavy. I can add pictures here if you want but they're pretty straight forward as far as trailer hitches go. She was over $1000 new in 2014 with all the stuff. www.equalizerhitch.com/ and there is the link to their website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - just a rockin' an'a rollin'
Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
James H. Stradling
Last Edit: by Dadrock33.
  • Page:
Moderators: Jeffw
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds