Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Custom windshield or creative ideas,to block wind on element e18

Custom windshield or creative ideas,to block wind on element e18 20 Sep 2017 23:34 #1

• Sjelias30
  • Sjelias30's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Does anyone know of a company that can make a custom windshield for an element e18? Or do you know of any creative ideas to create a wind screen with strataglass or other material?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2018 Bayliner Element E18 w/ Merc 115, Blue, Bimini top, digital depth finder, auto bilge, addl 6 gal gas tank, stereo system...

Custom windshield or creative ideas,to block wind on element e18 21 Sep 2017 15:03 #2

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 51
I had heard rumor that a windscreen was available on some european models......way back when I recall seeing a photo of it on this forum. Maybe contact bayliner europe?

Custom windshield or creative ideas,to block wind on element e18 22 Sep 2017 00:44 #3

• Sjelias30
Thanks for the tip. Do you know if Bayliner is pretty good about working with customers on issues? First day driving the boat home from the dealer and the helm wedge cushion flew off. I didn't even realize it was on and when I asked the dealer to order another they said they would have to charge me for it, but I'm hoping Bayliner will cut me a break.

2018 Bayliner Element E18 w/ Merc 115, Blue, Bimini top, digital depth finder, auto bilge, addl 6 gal gas tank, stereo system...

Custom windshield or creative ideas,to block wind on element e18 22 Sep 2017 10:35 #4

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 51

Sjelias30 wrote: Thanks for the tip. Do you know if Bayliner is pretty good about working with customers on issues? First day driving the boat home from the dealer and the helm wedge cushion flew off. I didn't even realize it was on and when I asked the dealer to order another they said they would have to charge me for it, but I'm hoping Bayliner will cut me a break.

I had looked into a windshield but could not find any hard info....and after using the boat a lot this summer, I really don't miss it. I always like to sit with my head above the windshield anyway. Generally I cruise at ~25 mph and the wind doesn't bother me. Above 30 it gets to be a bit annoying, but that is the exception not the rule......

That is frustrating regarding the lost cushion. There are several threads on this.....when the original Elements first came out, people were losing cushions left and right and bayliner was replacing them for free. They then modified some of the cushions. Not sure on what their current view is. With my 2017, I always put the center bow cushion, the helm bolster, and the rear center cushion (as well as anything else that could come loose), in the truck.

Your primary contact for this is the dealer. If the dealer says they will not cover it, then you could contact Bayliner directly but I am not sure what they will do for you. In general it is the driver's responsibility to secure their towed load.....so this might be "lesson learned."

Overall though I have found Brunswick to stand behind their product and to honor their warranty with no problems. I decided to take my boat in this week for some minor warranty items I am confident that they will fix everything.....

Custom windshield or creative ideas,to block wind on element e18 23 Sep 2017 02:11 #5

• Sjelias30
Thanks. Literally happened on the way home from the dealer! I put all the other cushions away but forgot about the helm bolster. The dealer is going to try and get one for free so We'll see what happens. What do they cost?

• Page:
Moderators: Download_Completehiggins_jr
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds