Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tower on BR 175

Tower on BR 175 11 Apr 2017 14:32 #1

• cballsin9
  • cballsin9's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Has anyone installed an aftermarket tower on a BR 175. im trying to decide if the expense is worth the reward.
I use my boat for watersports ie.ski, wakeboard and am debating to add a tower.
Im a realist and know that a tower will not produce results like a Mastercraft X series boat, but if there is a plus to it, then it would be worth it.
Im looking for anyone that has done this mod and experienced easier/faster pull-up or more air on jumps with an elevated rope.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tower on BR 175 11 Apr 2017 15:51 #2

• Huf
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3
I installed the Aerial Ascent 2.0 tower on our 2006 175BR. It looks real nice. As for performance, the kids like it but they are not advanced or aggressive boarders. I slalom ski and sometimes just use the rope on the tower rather than switch to the lower tow ring. It's a lot easier to get up. I also installed the Solas Amita 4 blade prop, 14.5" x 19P. When installing the tower you will need to use reinforcing plates. I used 1/2" marine plywood. The side of the boat where you will mount the tower is curved and I used Bondo body filler with fiberglass to fill the gap between the plywood and boat. Any questions feel free to ask.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

2006 Bayliner 175 3.0L Mercruiser
Ascent 2.0 Wake Tower
2015 GMC Acadia

Philadelphia, PA

Tower on BR 175 12 Apr 2017 20:23 #3

• atc1949
  • Thank you received: 4
I installed a Big Air Wake Tower at the end of the season a couple of years ago and it saw a lot of action last year. It was a good investment. My boat already had the reinforcing in the hull and we simply had to drill the holes and install it. You should check and see if your boat already has reinforcing.

This message has attachments images.

2009 Bayliner 175
Last Edit: by atc1949. Reason: insert photos

Tower on BR 175 15 Apr 2017 12:19 #4

• Clirry
  • Thank you received: 9
Installed Aerial Ascent 1.0 tower 2 years ago. It was the best investment ever I had for my boat. No regrets.

This image is hidden for guests.

2005 Bayliner 175

Tower on BR 175 15 Apr 2017 12:42 #5

• Soccerdad
  • Thank you received: 5
We put a monster tower on our 185 at the end of the season last year. We are total novices at wakeboarding so it is an unknown for us. We are still getting used to it. It is better for boarding, but the boat is still not a wake boat. We also have a 4 blade prop, and I disable our smart tabs to keep the wake as clean as possible. But the wake itself is still pretty small. I have tried to trim it out some, but then the boat bounces more when you hit any other wakes. That makes the rope tug more since it is at a higher pivot point. My son hates that. So I keep it trimmed all the way down to keep the nose planted. Next step may be water bags in the front, but don't really want the hassle of it. I'd love to hear other's ideas and experiences. It does seem to help prevent the violent face plants since the rope is pulling up. It is a little easier to get up. (but that was not really our issue before the tower)

2006 185BR with a 3.0L, Sport Seating
96 Seadoo GSX
96 Seadoo GTX (2 of the them!) Find me at Seadooforum.com

Tower on BR 175 20 Apr 2017 20:33 #6

• Clirry
  • Thank you received: 9
I started wakeboarding with 96 Seadoo Challenger- fun but not enough power... so, upgraded to 175 without a tower for a year... It was pretty good but decided to install the tower, BIG improvement and much easier to get up. So, the wakes may be small but it works.

This image is hidden for guests.

2005 Bayliner 175
  • Page:
Moderators: Download_Completehiggins_jr
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds