Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues

Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues 24 Apr 2016 21:26 #51

• smithware
  • Thank you received: 8
As I am about to pick up a new 210 Deck Boat, this thread was alarming and interesting to me. We placed our order 5 weeks ago and expected ship date from the factory is 04/28 - 5 to 6 weeks for Bayliner to build to order is was what I was told. They only have a stock of the most popular colors/options pre-built. I will definitely make sure that we ask for safety gear and do a full inspection of the boat before accepting it. Thanks all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike
Charlestown, RI

2016 Bayliner 210 Deck Boat / 150HP Mercury EFI
1975 Glastron V-178 Bowrider / 135HP Evinrude (sold)
Last Edit: by smithware.

Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues 26 Apr 2016 17:23 #52

• jmayes
  • Thank you received: 1
Smith,

I was told 5 weeks and was told to that April 25 was the pick up date. I received a call on April 25 saying that it hasn't shipped yet and that there is a delay. The sales rep was trying to find out more information.

2016 190 Deck Boat
150 Mercury 4 stroke
Arkansas

Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues 27 Apr 2016 12:46 #53

• badash
There are always delays! When we bought our boat we got one that had just shown up at the dealer and it still took a month before we were able to get delivery, and we still had to bring it back for a week out of water while they did the bottom coat, since it sits in a slip in salt water. The wait was worth it though. We love our 190 DB. Its sitting at the end of the driveway waiting for the marina to open this weekend to get put in. Hopefully I get the fish finder installed beforehand and I need a couple warmer days (Thursday and Friday) to put on some bottom coat.

Freddy / Rhode Island
2014 Deckboat 190 / 115hp
Name: Minion Express

Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues 27 Apr 2016 13:05 #54

• rbrauerei
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Chesapeake Bay, MD
  • Thank you received: 63
Agreeing with Freddy, it can even take some time to take delivery of a boat already at the dealer. We put down a deposit on our boat 19 March, but they didn't even get it off the rack and unwrap it until last week - almost a month later because of their service schedule being full with spring commissionings of already-owned boats, which they store at their facility. Then there is dealer prep time and time to do the modifications we've requested. We do our own sea trial and take delivery on 3 May. Almost six and a half weeks. Some of that time was because we wanted to wait until our lift was installed, but the dealer told us upfront on day one that it would probably be at least 3 weeks before they could move enough boats to even reach our's on the rack.

Rick
"Our Dream" -- 2015 21' Bayliner 642, 4.3 MPI Mercruiser

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." Mark Twain

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: by rbrauerei.

Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues 30 Apr 2016 16:22 #55

• Ele_mental
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm picking up my Element XL today in just a few hours. So far i haven't negotiated anything extra from the dealer. It was a boat they had in stock. I'm going to shoot for the jackets and throw pillow for sure. I haven't signed anything yet so hopefully I can. He keeps telling me how there is no markup on Elements because Bayliner is using them to get first time boat buyers; which I am. BS? Most certainly, right? Any tips on how to go about getting those extras? Thanks!

First boat besides PWC's: 2016 Bayliner Element XL. 115HP, Fishing Package

Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues 30 Apr 2016 18:02 #56

• oakplank
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • 2014 Element owner
  • Thank you received: 92

Ele_mental wrote: I'm picking up my Element XL today in just a few hours. So far i haven't negotiated anything extra from the dealer. It was a boat they had in stock. I'm going to shoot for the jackets and throw pillow for sure. I haven't signed anything yet so hopefully I can. He keeps telling me how there is no markup on Elements because Bayliner is using them to get first time boat buyers; which I am. BS? Most certainly, right? Any tips on how to go about getting those extras? Thanks!

Let the dealer tell you what he's "throwing" in first. They all give something automatically. Then and only then do you start your negotiating. Until the papers are signed and they have your money, the POWER IS YOURS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ele_mental

Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues 30 Apr 2016 18:11 #57

• boatworkfl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
If they did not make money on them they would not sell them, unless he had it in stock and would not sell.

Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
Twin 350 GM power
Located in Seward, AK
Retired marine surveyor

Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues 01 May 2016 02:08 #58

• Ele_mental

oakplank wrote:

Ele_mental wrote: I'm picking up my Element XL today in just a few hours. So far i haven't negotiated anything extra from the dealer. It was a boat they had in stock. I'm going to shoot for the jackets and throw pillow for sure. I haven't signed anything yet so hopefully I can. He keeps telling me how there is no markup on Elements because Bayliner is using them to get first time boat buyers; which I am. BS? Most certainly, right? Any tips on how to go about getting those extras? Thanks!

Let the dealer tell you what he's "throwing" in first. They all give something automatically. Then and only then do you start your negotiating. Until the papers are signed and they have your money, the POWER IS YOURS.

Unfortunately, not this one. ;) He didn't offer anything. I tried for free maintenance for 2 seasons; no-go. I did get him to throw in a boat cover for $710. But I think i took a bath on a Humminbird Helix 5 depth finder. They installed it for $400 I think. I haven't looked at the Helix 5 yet but I think it's probably a $200 fish finder and then two hours of labor to install it. I'm not a great negotiator in a lot of situations though because I am usually too particular in what I want and don't want to wait. That makes it hard to walk away when I know I probably won't come across it again for a while. :/

I did go over the boat with a fine tooth comb though and didn't find any defects except one broken snap. They replaced the snap while I filled out paper work. I couldn't be happier with this boat though. It's the perfect boat to entertain a few friends and family on and converts to a two deck fishing boat in just a few minutes. I can't wait to get it on the water tomorrow.

Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues 01 May 2016 02:21 #59

• RobMick
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 123
Hourly labor rates at marine dealers are usually over $100/hour here in SE Michigan

Hell, Michigan (yes we really live in a city named "Hell" in Michigan)
2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
1999 Chaparral 233 Sunesta Ltd., 5.0 Volvo
1985 Harris Flotebote Classic 240
1993 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR
1993 Yamaha Waverunner III
1995 Yamaha Waverunner III GP
1995 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR PRO

Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues 01 May 2016 14:00 #60

• Waterdowg
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Hourly rates here in NJ are $100 an hour. So sounds about right for the install. Did the boat come with at least the basic coast guard required supplies? Flares ancor etc..

2016 Bayliner 215 Deck Boat
Mercruiser 4.3 220 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

2003 SeaRay 176 SRX Bowrider
Mercruiser 3.0 135 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

1988 Sunbird 170 Bowrider
Evinrude 88 Special

1970 Salem Skiff 13.5 foot
1992 Johnson 40HP.

Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues 02 May 2016 14:38 #61

• badash
All mine came with when I bought it was the coast guard required stuff. We had to pay for the bottom coat which cost 700$ because we had them do it. Last year when I had someone not at the marina do it, it cost me 250$. This year I did it and it cost be 110$.

Freddy / Rhode Island
2014 Deckboat 190 / 115hp
Name: Minion Express

Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues 03 May 2016 00:18 #62

• Ele_mental

Waterdowg wrote: Hourly rates here in NJ are $100 an hour. So sounds about right for the install. Did the boat come with at least the basic coast guard required supplies? Flares ancor etc..

No. I bought an anchor, air horn, jackets and a throw pillow. :blush: 100 bucks an hr here in Texas too.

Last Edit: by Ele_mental.

Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues 03 May 2016 01:03 #63

• jmayes
  • Thank you received: 1
What size anchor did you get with that boat?

2016 190 Deck Boat
150 Mercury 4 stroke
Arkansas

Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues 03 May 2016 02:34 #64

• Ele_mental

jmayes wrote: What size anchor did you get with that boat?

I think I went a little overkill but this academy special:

www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servle...Pt-sT1D49xoCPM7w_wcB

Attempted to Pickup Our New Element XL...Quality Issues 09 Oct 2017 08:50 #65

• Sam688
Sadly there are time to time some problems with new boats and it happens to everybody, even most luxurious ones. The fun starts when manufacturer don't want to address those issues. Recently I have read some similar post on planetnautiqe forum where company imminently took the responsibility and fixed all the defects quickly so at the end everyone was happy. :) On the other hand you can bump into things like this . It is kinda hilarious to read but just because its not my boat. :D

Moderators: Download_Completehiggins_jr
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds