Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat

Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat Mar 22, 2016 01:44 AM #1

• smithware
  • Thank you received: 8
What are the thoughts out there about Bayliner's Deck Boat series and the 210 in particular? Anyone have any love/hate stories?
Mike
Charlestown, RI

2016 Bayliner 210 Deck Boat / 150HP Mercury EFI
1975 Glastron V-178 Bowrider / 135HP Evinrude (sold)
Last Edit: Mar 22, 2016 01:45 AM by smithware.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat Mar 22, 2016 04:25 AM #2

• JimMc
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 254
I am sorry I have not seen one.
Jim and Debbie McNeely
New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
Brighton, Michigan USA
MMSI # 367393410

Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat Mar 22, 2016 11:41 AM #3

• Waterdowg
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 52
I have the 215 DB which is pretty much the same boat but with an IO. I only got to use the boat a few times as I purchased in late August. But I really like the boat. I like how it is laid out. Bayliner did a nice job with that. The only complaints I have are mostly use personal things. On the forward deck is 2 drain holes that help drain the deck of excess water, But it drain to the bilge so when it rains the bilge fills with water. Which lead me to my next complaint. The lack of automatic bilge pump and the location of the bilge. It just to far forward for my licking.
Now I'm not sure were the bilge is located on the 210, it may not be in the same location. But the forward deck drain and lack of automatic bilge pump I'm sure are the same.

But you will love the room, there's lots of it. I was tossed up between a Searay and Bayliner, What it came down to was the room the Bayliner seemed roomier and more comfortable.
2016 Bayliner 215 Deck Boat
Mercruiser 4.3 220 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

2003 SeaRay 176 SRX Bowrider
Mercruiser 3.0 135 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

1988 Sunbird 170 Bowrider
Evinrude 88 Special

1970 Salem Skiff 13.5 foot
1992 Johnson 40HP.

Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat Mar 22, 2016 01:12 PM #4

• rengnath
  • Thank you received: 48
I haven't seen either boat in person so take my suggestion with a grain of salt ....

If I were looking at a boat of that size and price point, I'd be hard pressed not to go with Bayliner's new VR6. I wish I would have been able to see one at the Milwaukee boat show this year but there is only one Bayliner dealer at the show and they bring a very limited selection. I like the VR6 because they've made a bowrider with the spaciousness of a deck boat. The VR6 has a self-bailing cockpit and Mercruiser's new 4.5l engine. If I were to buy a deck boat, it would be for capacity (get as many people to the sand bar as possible). The VR6 doesn't hold as many people, however it holds more weight. I try not to consider the max number of people when looking at capacities because I usually hit the weight maximum first, however those with kids would probably hit the number of bodies max first so something to consider.

VR6 - 10 people or 1850lbs - 185lbs/person
210DB - 12 people or 1720lbs - 143lbs/person

The 210DB does have an outboard which minimizes maintenance and has it's advantages.

In case you haven't seen these already, I usually find boattest.com's reviews very valuable:
210DB Review
VR6 Review

I don't think you could go wrong with either boat.
Bob

"Naughty Buoy"
2011 Bayliner 185
3.0 Mercruiser/Alpha I

Port of Milwaukee

Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat Mar 22, 2016 02:26 PM #5

• Download_Complete
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 501
The Brand Manager of Bayliner runs a 215 DB, and their latest sponsorship with Garrett uses a 215DB as a wakeboard boat.

It's a great boat, with some minor exceptions noted here (and easilly and cheaply fixed).
Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL

Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat Mar 22, 2016 07:41 PM #6

• prubin
I have the 210DB. Originally bought 2015 190 DB this past spring, but no one wanted to use the Head with the Privacy Curtain. Traded it in two months later for the 210 DB. IMHO, a totally different animal. As mentioned in another reply, Outboard gives you more room, easier maintenance, and lower costs. Responsive. Plenty of power and holds its own in wakes and mild chop. A lot easier to maneuver than the 19 foot DB. Have not had any problems with bilge, though an auto one would be nice. Probably minimal cost for dealer to install.
I wanted a deck boat because of the increased room in bow. Also, Bayliner "V" shaped hull was influential in my choice. Boat docked in my back yard and I am 1/2 mile from Ocean, by way of deep water channel. Anything less than two foot sea is not a problem, and three feet bearable.
No regrets. In its price class, I don't think there is any competition. For $20K more (actually sky is limit - saw Chris Craft at Boat show for only $200K), you can get more boat, but not necessarily a more comfortable one.

Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat Mar 23, 2016 02:21 AM #7

• smithware
How about a trailering cover? I can't find anything that will fit the wide beam....
Mike
Charlestown, RI

2016 Bayliner 210 Deck Boat / 150HP Mercury EFI
1975 Glastron V-178 Bowrider / 135HP Evinrude (sold)

Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat Mar 23, 2016 07:40 AM #8

• Jeffw
  • Arizona Coast
  • Thank you received: 423
smithware wrote:
How about a trailering cover? I can't find anything that will fit the wide beam....

Don't go with a cheap, ready-made cover. Have a local canvas shop make one for your boat, use Sunbrella fabric. If in fact you will trailer at highway speeds with the cover on, make sure it goes over (below) the rub rail, and has a draw string with a turnbuckle at the stern. Do NOT have one that is bungee corded to the trailer frame, unless you won't exceed about 35 mph.
Jeff & Tara
(And Ginger too)
Lake Havasu City, AZ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2000 Bayliner 2858
"GETAWAY"
MMSI: 338094599
In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat Mar 23, 2016 11:00 AM #9

• Waterdowg
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 52
I purchased a cover from SealSkin due to the low cost. www.sealskincovers.com/ I'm very happy with the cover it a heavy material. I used it as winter cover. It did an excellent job. The company has a lot of bad reviews, but for the price I figured I would give it a try. The cover is a towing cover with strap that go over the boat and under the boat, plus it has elastic that goes around the boat. They don't have every boat on there site or at least I could find mine. I did an online chat and they sent me a link to purchase the correct cover. If you due an online search you may find a coupon code. I got my cover to $190 shipped, and had it in 2 days.

Here is a picture of it on my boat I took this morning. I have a PVC frame inside to help with the snow.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment image.

2016 Bayliner 215 Deck Boat
Mercruiser 4.3 220 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

2003 SeaRay 176 SRX Bowrider
Mercruiser 3.0 135 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

1988 Sunbird 170 Bowrider
Evinrude 88 Special

1970 Salem Skiff 13.5 foot
1992 Johnson 40HP.

Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat Mar 23, 2016 01:13 PM #10

• RobMick
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 90
I bought this cover at Menard's for $109.00 for my 185. 600 denier fabric, waterproof trailerable, plenty of tie downs, elastic under rub rail, air vents. Has a 5-year warranty.

I store the 185 indoors over winter so I do not need the "support poles" for water and snow to run off. The cover does have plenty of room for either support poles or a "backbone" to aid in water/snow runoff. Nice cover for the price in my opinion...
This image is hidden for guests.

This message has an attachment image.

Hell, Michigan (yes we really live in a city named "Hell" in Michigan)
2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
1999 Chaparral 233 Sunesta Ltd., 5.0 Volvo
1985 Harris Flotebote Classic 240
1993 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR
1993 Yamaha Waverunner III
1995 Yamaha Waverunner III GP
1995 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR PRO

Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat Mar 24, 2016 02:23 AM #11

• llskb
  • Thank you received: 1
Just got the db195 and love it. Check the fiberglass covering the wood panels under the seats on the floor mine had a lot of hair line cracks.

Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat Mar 24, 2016 07:14 PM #12

• badash
I have a 2014 190DB and love it. I only have three complaints, no automatic bilge (when it rains the boat fills up, but still floats so all is good), the drain from the front of the boat to the back is too small, and the third is our choice in motor (wish we had gone with the bigger one). We have small children 10,7,1 and we LOVE the high sides on the boat, it makes us feel safer. I am 6'2 and can sit in the bow with my feet pointing straight forward. I don't have to play footsie with the person sitting on the other side in the bow. There is tons of storage and the 190 can handle 2-3 foot waves, its not ideal, but you don't fear for your life in them either (we found this out when we spent a little too long in a cove and the wind direction changed. This is all on the 190. My only recommendations are to make sure you get a strong enough motor for what you want to do. The 115 we have on the 190 lets us to everything we want, (tubing, skiing) just not go as fast as I would like (tops out at 38, with 1000lbs of people and equipment in it).
Freddy / Rhode Island
2014 Deckboat 190 / 115hp
Name: Minion Express

Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat May 24, 2016 01:03 AM #13

• Jeff68
Waterdowg wrote:
I have the 215 DB which is pretty much the same boat but with an IO. I only got to use the boat a few times as I purchased in late August. But I really like the boat. I like how it is laid out. Bayliner did a nice job with that. The only complaints I have are mostly use personal things. On the forward deck is 2 drain holes that help drain the deck of excess water, But it drain to the bilge so when it rains the bilge fills with water. Which lead me to my next complaint. The lack of automatic bilge pump and the location of the bilge. It just to far forward for my licking.
Now I'm not sure were the bilge is located on the 210, it may not be in the same location. But the forward deck drain and lack of automatic bilge pump I'm sure are the same.

But you will love the room, there's lots of it. I was tossed up between a Searay and Bayliner, What it came down to was the room the Bayliner seemed roomier and more comfortable.

By the way, I have the 2014 190 DB and since the owner's manual claimed to include an automatic bilge, the dealer was kind enough to install one for me.
Jeff
2014 190 DB 150 HP
2006 Chevy Suburban

Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat Apr 17, 2017 01:57 AM #14

• Ballerone
Where is the battery on the 210 or 190 deck boats?
I'm looking at a 2016 195 bayliner deck boat and the battery is mid boat length, port side underneath a storage area where a glove compart,ent would normally be.
Odd?

Buying a 2016 210 Deck Boat Apr 17, 2017 06:11 PM #15

• jmayes
Ballerone,

My batteries are at the back.
2016 190 Deck Boat
150 Mercury 4 stroke
Arkansas
Moderators: Download_Complete, higgins_jr
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds